Friday mosque, Kerman
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Some ornamentation in the 12-pt star omitted.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 7.5°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 457 polygons.
- Page 409, Fig. 336a (Great Mosque, Silvan, Turkey. Carved stucco back wall of the mihrab niche) from [bonner] (1152-7AD, 546-51AH)
- Page 408, Fig. 335d (Quran, Cairo, Egypt. Written and illuminated by ‘Abd Allah ibn Muhammad al-Hamadan) from [bonner] (1313AD, 712AH)
- Page 248 from [abas]
- Vol 2, page 109 (Friday mosque, Kerman, Iran) from [iran]