Roman mosaic, Tivoli and Mactar
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 442 (p4).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 90°.
- Contains one square.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- The tiling satisfies the two-polygon condition.
- As drawn, contains about 194 polygons.
- PP Class 59, [p4,c4,c1], IH Class 28 from [dawes]
- Page 16 (Also as a window grill in Salisbury Cathedral) from [field1]
- Page 35 from [field2]
- Pl 141 (a,b) from [balmelle]