Azzem Palace, Damascus
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *6• (d6).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 60°.
- Contains four equilateral triangles.
- Contains 6 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains two regular hexagons.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 49 polygons.
- Photo by R Henry (Azzem Palace, Damascus, Syria. Arch details, with pastework) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1749AD, 1162AH)