Qur'an, Afghanistan, Herat
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 18°.
- Contains four regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 233 polygons.
- Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts, TIEM294 (Afghanistan, Herat, Timurid period) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1434AD, 837AH)