Qijmas al-Ishaqi mosque, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 2.81 (π/64)°.
- Contains 8 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 73.12 (13π/32)°.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 56.25°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 73.12 (13π/32)°.
- Contains one regular 16-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 73.12 (13π/32)°.
- There are 18 non-regular reflective tiles (including 6 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has 8 finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 599 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus, ID=1361 M114P0152 (Qijmas al-Ishaqi mosque, Cairo. West iwan, north wall, middle level, decorative panel between window arches) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings