Fatehpur Sikri, Bibi Zainub's Tomb
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The base pattern is Agra, India, and the upper level pattern is the reflected version of Fatehpur Sikri, Salim Chishti's Tomb
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 442 (p4).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 2583 polygons.
- Part 3, Plate ?, Fig 4 (Fatehpur Sikri, Bibi Zainub's Tomb, India) of E W Smith,. The Moghul Architecture of Fathpur-Sikri, Archaeological Survey of India, 1896. [smith2] (1581AD, 989AH)
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same irregular tiles: 2