Shrine of Hazrat Ali, Mazar I Sharif
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 75°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 75°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 133 polygons.
- Photo from Superstock (Shrine of Hazrat Ali, Mazar I Sharif, Balkh province, Afghanistan, Central Asia) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]