Amir's summer palace, Bukhara
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 6 regular pentagons.
- Contains two regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and three infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 335 polygons.
- Photo by Bernard O'Kane (Divan-i Amm, Sitarah-i Mahi, Bukhara, Central Asia. Amir's summer palace) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1880-1920AD, 1297-1339AH)
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same irregular tiles: 2