Bibi-Khanym Mosque, Samarkand
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
This is Shirdar Madrassa (Registan complex), without the kites.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 7.5°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 67.5°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 67.5°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 231 polygons.
- Photo by Fernando Peres Rodrigues (Bibi-Khanym, Samarkand, Central Asia) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1404AD, 806AH)
- Photo by Brian McMorrow (Ulugh Beg Observatory, Central Asia) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1429AD, 832AH)