(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
An improved version of this pattern which satifies the two-colour condition. For the previous version, see Masjid Jami, Fatepur Sikri.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 3.21 (π/56)°.
- Contains two regular four-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular 14-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 70.71 (11π/28)°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and three infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 211 polygons.
- Part 4 (Fatehpur Sikri, Friday Mosque, India. With ornament inside the stars) from [smith2] (1571AD, 978AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0720/4 (Fatehpur Sikri, Friday Mosque, India) from [wadei] (1571AD, 978AH)
- Figure 34 from [hankin1]
- Photos from David Wade (5-pt star is not quite regular, both versions have inconsistencies) from [pc]
Collections of similar tilings