Faraj ibn Barquq stone minbar
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
This pattern is rather irregular which can be produced in a number of ways - the version here uses regular pentagons.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 1.5°.
- Contains four regular pentagons.
- Contains two regular octagons.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 78°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites) and two reflective pairs.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with non-straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 289 polygons.
- Photo from Ayman Soliman (Faraj ibn Barquq Mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Stone minbar) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]