Hassan II Mosque doors
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
A p6m version of this pattern can be seen at Alhambra, Salon de Comares.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one regular hexagon.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 9 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 331 polygons.
- Two photos from Alberto Leon (Hassan II Mosque, Casablanca, Morocco. Doors) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]