Bahia Palace, Marrakesh
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
This computer graphic has been produced from a simple analysis and has failed to capture aspects of the original. Specifically, the border should be much wider.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 3°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 54°.
- There are 18 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites and one dart) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has four finite interlaces and four infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 745 polygons.
- Photo from Alberto Leon (Bahia Palace, Marrakesh, Morocco) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (19th century AD)