Palais Moqri, Fez
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The colouring in the original is mainly black with some ornamentation - some colour is added here.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *10• (d10).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 18°.
- Contains 12 regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains three regular 10-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains one regular 20-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 36°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles and one reflective pair.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 1121 polygons.
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Palais Moqri, Fez, Morocco) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (19th century AD)
Collections of similar tilings