Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail, Meknes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains five regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are 15 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has 7 finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 1279 polygons.
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail, Meknes, Morocco) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]