Bou Inania, Fez
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 5°.
- Contains three squares.
- Contains three regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 30°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 24-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 30°.
- There are 19 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites) and two reflective pairs.
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition with straight cross-overs, but interlace counts not determined.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 929 polygons.
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Bou Inania Madrasah, Fez, Morocco) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1355AD, 756AH)
Collections of similar tilings