Petals in Hafez tomb
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is not symmetric and hence is not a repeat pattern.
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 38 regular pentagons.
- Contains 9 regular 10-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 535 polygons.
- Internet photo (Hafez's tomb, Shiraz, Iran. Petals drawn without repetition) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1935AD, 1354AH)