Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains three regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 16-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are 13 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has four finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 879 polygons.
- Internet photo, Charles O. Cecil (Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail, Meknes, Morocco. Geometric Ceiling Decoration) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]