Mosque in the Citadel, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 22* (pmg).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 6 regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 233 polygons.
- Photo by Ayman Soliman (Qalawun, Cairo, Egypt) from [pc] (1284-5AD, 682-3AH)
- Photo on Flickr (Muhammad Ali, Cairo, Egypt. Mosque in the Citadel) from [pc] (1830-48AD, 1246-64AH)
- Details of set of tiles from [rigby1]
- Fig A.13 from [ww]
- Topkapi section from [wich2]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 78