Humayun's Tomb, Delhi
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 442 (p4).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 179 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0203/19 (Humayun's Tomb, Delhi, India) from [wadei] (1570AD, 977AH)
- Figure 4.15, page 100 and Photo 4.10, page 84 (Fatehpur Sikri, Salim Chishti's Tomb, India) from [abas] (1581AD, 989AH)
- IS.1052:21-1883 (Agra, India. Drawing) from [vami]
- Plate 24 probably from the same artifact from [stronge]