al-Husayn mosque, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 60°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular hexagon.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 115 polygons.
- Photo IHC0573 Williams collection on Archnet (al-Husayn, Cairo, Egypt. Now in the Cairo Museum) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]