Minaret of Qaytbay
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains two regular octagons.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 221 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus (Qaytbay, Cairo, Egypt. Middle part of the minaret) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1475AD, 879AH)