Roman mosaic, Carthage
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one equilateral triangle.
- Contains one regular hexagon.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 179 polygons.
- Postcard by the British Museum (Rievaulx Abbey, UK) from [pc] (13th century AD)
- Vol1, page 134 (Kerman Jame’ mosque, Iran) from [iran] (1350AD, 750AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0129 (Gur-e Amir Mausoleum, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [wadei] (1404AD, 806AH)
- 343-1906 (Konya, Turkey. Tile panel) from [vami]
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 1208 (Madrasah, Bukhara, Central Asia. Various, mainly ruined) from [wadei]
- Pl 206 (d) (Carthage) from [balmelle]