Kritiya House, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 105 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus photo (Jamal al-Din al-Dhahabi, Cairo, Egypt) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1637AD, 1047AH)
- Archnet photo (Gayer-Anderson, Cairo, Egypt. By fountain in salamlik) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings