Charbagh Madrasah, Ceramic mosaic
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 2.5°.
- Contains two regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 80°.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 100°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 295 polygons.
- Page 104 (Charbagh Madrasah, Isfahan, Iran. Ceramic mosaic) of Würfel, Kurt. Isfahan, nisf-i-dschahan: das ist die Hälfte der Welt, Küsnacht-Zürich, 1974. [wurfel] (1714-4AD, 1126-6AH)