Minaret, Mausoleum of Qaytbay
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 179 polygons.
- Page 258, Fig. 127d (Mausoleum of Sayyidah Nafisah, Cairo, Egypt) from [bonner] (1138-46AD, 532-40AH)
- Archnet, Caroline Williams (Baybars al-Gashankir, Cairo) from [pc] (1307-10AD, 706-9AH)
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1307 (Qaytbay, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1474AD, 878AH)
- Page 190 (Qaytbay, Cairo, Egypt. Pattern on cylindrical surface of tower, minaret) from [hattstein]
- Table 35 (Sultan Han, Turkey) from [erdmann]