Brick panel from Madrasah al-Mustansiryya, Baghdad
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 1°.
- Contains five regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains two regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 98°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 241 polygons.
- Photo from David Wade (Madrasah al-Mustansiryya, Baghdad. Brick panel, Colour added, star to match original) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1227AD, 623AH)