(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains two regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 337 polygons.
- Page 345, Fig. 254b (Shah-i-Zinda, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [bonner] (14th century AD)
- Archnet (Ulugh Sultan Begum Mausoleum, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [pc] (1385AD, 787AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0634 (Akbar's mausoleum, Sikandra, India) from [wadei] (1613AD, 1022AH)
- Photo from Donald Bell (Akbar's mausoleum, Sikandra, India. Colour from here) from [pc] (1613AD, 1022AH)
- Page 45 (Sepahsalar madraseh, Tehran, Iran) from [shafai] (1878-90AD, 1295-1308AH)
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 2