Imam al-Shafi'i mosque, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 302 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus, F6011 (Imam al-Shafi'i, Cairo, Egypt. Minbar, upper part of south side) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1211AD, 607AH)