Bourgoin, Plate VI (top)
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- Gold star pattern(photo).
Dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 6°.
- Contains one regular 20-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 12 non-regular reflective tiles (including 3 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 787 polygons.
- Vol II, Fig 225, p145 (Location uncertain. Mosaic pavement, by public fountain, Cairo, Egypt) from [wahhab] (15th century AD)
- Page 165, Fig 5.102 (al-Ghuri, Cairo, Egypt. Inlaid stone floor in the sabil) from [broug2] (1503-5AD, 908-10AH)
- Fig 5.1, photo from [ww]
- Internet photo (Great Mosque, Damascus, Syria. Stone floor) from [pc]
- Plate VI (top) from [bourgoin]
Collections of similar tilings