Friday mosque, Yazd
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Common and widespread, but proportions extremely variable; See also Bourgoin, Plate 118, standard construction.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 2.5°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 80°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 487 polygons.
- Page 444, Fig. 379e (Mosque, Gonabad, Iran) from [bonner] (1212AD, 608AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 1922 (Friday mosque, Yazd, Iran) from [wadei] (1325AD, 725AH)
- Part 1 (Fatehpur Sikri, Turkish Sultana's House, India) from [smith2] (1571AD, 978AH)
- Richard Henry's web site (Friday mosque, Yazd, Iran. Built 15th C CE on site of 12 C CE fire temple) from [pc]