Roman mosaic, Bavay and Bous
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 90°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 59 polygons.
- Page 107 (Mosul, Iraq. The Blacas Ewer (background pattern), British Museum 1866,1229.61) from [carey] (1232AD, 629AH)
- Pl 188 (d,e) (Bavay and Bous) from [balmelle]
- Pl 189 (a,c) (Djebel and Saint-Romain-en-Gal) from [balmelle]
- Plate 27 background (Persia: Designs from engraved and inlaid metal. Colours changed) from [racinet]
Collections of similar tilings