Alhambra, Salon de Comares
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The pattern occurs as two ceramic dados in each of the southern alcoves in both east and west walls of the Salon de Comares. The colours alternate in the original.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 78 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 0205 (Alhambra, Salon de Comares, Spain) from [wadei] (1333-54AD, 733-55AH)
- Figure 3 (d), page 3 from [gands]
- Page 34 (bottom) from [cahier]
- Table 32 (Sultan Han, Turkey) from [erdmann]
Collections of similar tilings