Alhambra, Sala de los Reyes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Ceramic mosaic dados formerly covering inner and outer walls of the Sala de los Reyes, but now extensively damaged and lacking in places. Colours of originals are white, black, honey-brown, blue and green.
- Gold star pattern(photo).
Dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one regular hexagon.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 355 polygons.
- Figure 13 (Great Mosque, Divrigi, Turkey. Wooden minbar) from [aslanapa] (1241AD, 638AH)
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 1908 (Alhambra, Sala de los Reyes, Spain) from [wadei] (1370-6AD, 771-7AH)
- E.3847:137-1938 (Cairo, Egypt. Sketchbook by James Wild) from [vami]
- Figure 136 (Colour from here) from [clevenot]
- Figure 78a from [elsaid]
- Page 58 from [wade]
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 2318 (Alcazar, Seville, Spain) from [wadei]
- Plate XLIII(9) from [jones]