Alai Darwaza, Delhi
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 60°.
- Contains one equilateral triangle.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 139 polygons.
- Page 233, Fig 96e (Great Mosque, Cordova, Spain) from [bonner] (987-90AD, 376-9AH)
- Page 30 (Al-Aqmar, Cairo, Egypt) from [okane2] (1125AD, 518AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0103 (Alai Darwaza, Delhi, India) from [wadei] (1305AD, 704AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0127 (Eski Mosque, Edirne, Turkey) from [wadei] (1414AD, 816AH)
- Page 97, Fig 4.10 (Great Mosque, Cordova, Spain) from [broug2]