Mosque of ibn Tulun, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 197 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0536 (Alay Han, Akseray-Kayseri road, Turkey) from [wadei] (1192AD, 587AH)
- Part 4. Plate LXXXVIII (Fatehpur Sikri, Small Masjid by the Terah Daraza, India) from [smith2] (1581AD, 989AH)
- Page 118, photo 70 (Mausoleum, Tughluq Temur, Huocheng, China) from [bonner]
- Vol2, page 46, underneath arch (Friday mosque, Natanz, Iran) from [iran]