Minbar from Mosque of al-Mu'ayyad, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 3.75°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 52.5°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 52.5°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 525 polygons.
- Page 445, Fig. 380e (Hasan Sadaqah mausoleum, Cairo, Egypt) from [bonner] (1315-21AD, 714-20AH)
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1221 (al-Mu'ayyad, Cairo, Egypt. Minbar) from [wadei] (1420AD, 823AH)
- Figure 84 from [hill2]
- Plate 74 (inexact heptagon) from [burckhardt]