Ali Qapu, Isfahan
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains four regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains two regular 10-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and three infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 344 polygons.
- Volume 4, page 199 (Ali Qoli Aqa mosque, Isfahan, Iran. Original colouring) from [iran] (1122AD, 515AH)
- Page 198, Fig. 255 (al-Salih Tala'i Mosque, Cairo, Egypt) from [bonner] (1160AD, 554AH)
- Page 198, Fig. 62d (Alcazar, Patio de las Doncellas, Spain) from [bonner] (1364AD, 765AH)
- Page 137, Fig 5.39 (Yesil Cami, Bursa, Turkey. (Green mosque)) from [broug2] (1419-21AD, 822-4AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 1116 (Mausoleum of Shehzade Mehmet, Istanbul, Turkey) from [wadei] (1557AD, 964AH)
- Part I, Plate LXXIV (Fatehpur Sikri, Friday Mosque, India) from [smith2] (1648AD, 1058AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 1520 (Ali Qapu pavilion, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei]
- Richard Henry's web site (Ali Qapu, Gate of Ali Palace, Isfahan, Iran. Painted wooden ceiling (Safavid)) from [pc]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same irregular tiles: 4