Bourgoin, Plate 108
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The actual source of this pattern is shown in Qaytbay mosque.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 1.66 (π/108)°.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 73.33 (11π/27)°.
- Contains one regular 9-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 80°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 452 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1405 (Qaytbay, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1474AD, 878AH)
- Vol 2, Figure 191 (Qaytbay, Cairo, Egypt. Minbar) from [wahhab] (1474AD, 878AH)
- Page 190 from [abas]
- Page 467, Figure 4 (Rather less regular than Bourgoin) from [calvert]
- Plate 108 (No source known of this pattern as drawn) from [bourgoin]
- Qaytbay mosque is the source, P l28 (hence this is incorrectly drawn) from [bour0]
Collections of similar tilings