Bou Inania Madrasah, Fez
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 8 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains 19 regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains 7 regular 10-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 9 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and three infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 1287 polygons.
- Page 71, top right (Bou Inania Madrasah, Fez, Morocco) from [degeorge2] (1351-6AD, 751-7AH)
- Photo by David Wade: MOR 0208 (Bou Inania Madrasah, Fez, Morocco) from [wadei] (1351-6AD, 751-7AH)
- Fig 12.14 from [ww]
- Vol 1, page 246 (/3) and page 457 (Royal Palace, Fez, Morocco. Not such good colours) from [paccard]