Zellij dado, Sa'di tombes, Marrakesh
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 16-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 397 polygons.
- Page 76 (Saadian Tombs, Marrakesh, Morocco. Zellij dado) from [degeorge2] (1603AD, 1011AH)
- Photo by David Wade: MOR 1201 (Saadian Tombs, Marrakesh. Morocco) from [wadei] (1603AD, 1011AH)
- Vol 1, page 407 (Mohammed V mausoleum, Rabat, Morocco) from [paccard]
- Vol 2, page 285 (Royal Palace, Fez, Morocco. Detail of door) from [paccard]
- Vol 2, page 288 (Royal Palace, Marrakesh, Morocco. Detail of door) from [paccard]
- Vol 2, page 398 (Dar Beida, Marrakesh, Morocco. Ceiling panel) from [paccard]
Collections of similar tilings