Amir Bashtak Palace, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains three regular octagons.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 141 polygons.
- Creswell Archive, Photo ICR0253 (Amir Bashtak Palace, Cairo, Egypt. Ceiling, Archnet, B and W print) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]