Royal Palace Museum, Fez
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 351 polygons.
- Fig 11.3c photo from [ww]
- Page 234 (Royal Palace Museum, Fez, Morocco. Monumental door, designed by maallem El Bouri) from [castera]
- Vol 2, page 238 (/2) and page 286 (Royal Palace, Marrakesh, Morocco. 30 cms square painted door - different colours) from [paccard]
- Vol 2, page 405 (Dar Fasiya, Fez, Morocco) from [paccard]