Dar Umma, Royal Palace, Casablanca
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- Gold star pattern(photo).
Dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains 7 regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 16-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are 13 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has four finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 567 polygons.
- Page 156, left bottom (Royal Palace Museum, Fez, Morocco. Zellij (central pattern), this colouring) from [castera]
- Page 156, top (Royal Palace Museum, Fez, Morocco. Monumental door, no colouring,) from [castera]
- Page 157 (Dar Umma, Royal Palace, Casablanca, Morocco. Painted wood, no distinct colours) from [castera]
- Vol 1, Page 276 (/1) from [paccard]
- Vol 2, Page 292 (/3) (Bahia, Fez, Morocco. Natural wood ceiling) from [paccard]
- Vol 2, Page 473 (/5) (Royal Palace, Marrakesh, Morocco) from [paccard]