Bourgoin, Plate 72
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 3°.
- Contains one regular pentagon.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 9 non-regular reflective tiles (including 3 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 449 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1208 (al-Mu'ayyad, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1420AD, 823AH)
- Figure 119, Page 126 (Abu al-Bakr Muzhir, Cairo, Egypt. Doors of minbar) from [briggs] (1479-80AD, 884-5AH)
- Thesaurus Islamicus M114P0185 (Amir Qijmas al-Ishaqi, Cairo, Egypt. Door at rear of minbar) from [pc] (1481AD, 886AH)
- Fig 5.6 from [ww]
- Figure 208 from [briggs]
- Plate 72 from [bourgoin]
- Plate 74 (al-Mu'ayyad, Cairo, Egypt. Balustrade of minbar) from [burckhardt]
- Volume II, Figure 142, p.95 (al-Mu'ayyad, Cairo, Egypt. Door of the shrine (qubba)) from [wahhab]