Bourgoin, Plate 58
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Extremely common, especially in western Islam, giving rise to many variants
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains three regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 307 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: MOR 0316 (Attarine Madrasah, Fez, Morocco) from [wadei] (1325AD, 725AH)
- Page 76, Fig 3.34 (Alcazar, Seville, Spain. Wooden door) from [broug2] (1616AD, 1025AH)
- Fig 9.6a from [ww]
- Page 22 (Great Mosque, Damascus, Syria. Marble inlay) from [dury]
- Page 239 from [abas]
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 2315/2109x (Alcazar, Seville, Spain) from [wadei]
- Plate 58 from [bourgoin]
- Vol 1, page 410 (Royal Palace, Fez, Morocco) from [paccard]
Collections of similar tilings