Minibar of the mosque of Qeycoun
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 120°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 159 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: SYR 0620 (Madrasah Halawiye, Aleppo, Syria) from [wadei] (1245AD, 642AH)
- E.3845:176-1938 (Cairo, Egypt. Sketchbook by James Wild) from [vami]
- Photo 282, from Internet source (Minibar of the mosque of Qeycoun, 14th century, with colour) from [d-avennes]
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 0936 (Wikala al-Ghuri, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei]
- Photo from Internet (Leighton House panel) from [pc]
- Photo of tile from Alberto Leon (Modern Morrocan tile) from [pc]
- Photo, Thesaurus Islamicus (al-Azhar mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Ottoman riwaqs of prayer hall, kursi) from [pc]
- Plate 19 (koran in Egyptian library, Cairo, Egypt) from [collin]