Bourgoin, Plate 118, standard construction
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Common and widespread, but proportions extremely variable; See also Bourgoin, Plate 118, non-standard construction.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 7.5°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 75°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 527 polygons.
- Photo from David Wade: EGY 1609 (al-Maridani, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1340AD, 740AH)
- Page 99 (Friday mosque, Yazd, Iran) from [degeorge2] (1365AD, 766AH)
- Flickr photo (Gur-e Amir Mausoleum, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [pc] (1404AD, 806AH)
- Photo by Brian McMorrow (Ulugh Beg Observatory, Central Asia) from [pc] (1420AD, 823AH)
- Part 4, Plate LXXVI (Fatehpur Sikri, Friday Mosque, India. Inlaid marble on the side walls of the embowed entrance to the Baland Darwaza) from [smith2] (1571AD, 978AH)
- Fig 6.1, photo from [ww]
- Page 41, photo 23 (Friday Mosque, Gonabad, Iran) from [bonner]
- Page 46, photo 29 (Friday mosque, Isfahan, Iran) from [bonner]
- Photo by Brian McMorrow (Bakhautdin Naqsband Mausoleum, Central Asia) from [pc]
- Photo from David Wade: IRA 0636 (Friday mosque, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei]
- Plate 118 from [bourgoin]