Shir Dar madrasah, Samarkand
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 18°.
- Contains three regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 290 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0409 (Shir Dar madrasah, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [wadei] (1636AD, 1045AH)
- Fig 12.7c from [ww]
- Figure 27 (Ten-fold motif of Type VIII) from [lee]
- Leather Roll(4) from [akber]