Mosque of Qarasunqur, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one equilateral triangle.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 275 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus F2822 M31P0007 (Qarasunqur, Cairo, Egypt) from [pc] (1300AD, 699AH)
- Page 248, Fig. 113a. (Abul Qasim shrine, Herat, Afghanistan, Central Asia) from [bonner] (1492AD, 897AH)
- Vol 2, Page 155, Figure 191 (Bab al-Wastani, Baghdad, Iraq) from [sarre]
- Vol II, Pg 357 (Delgosha garden, Shiraz, Iran) from [booth]